Tuesday, May 19, 2009

"Good Gosh Jim, I'm a Pastor not a Blogger"

If I were Bones on Star Trek these may be my very words tonight. I honestly do not know what I am doing with a blog. But here I am climbing my own personal Mount Everest and beginning something God wanted me to do for a while now: a blog. Not ONLY A BLOG, but I am aiming for the Technological Trinity (TT) all by Memorial Day. "The TT?" You might ask? Yes, the TT: The Blog, Facebook, and Twitter. All in the same year I began ... an Ipod Touch?!?!? AHHHHHHHH!!!! Yes, I know for someone so young to be so behind on these things could be embarrassing. Ok it is. Why now? Honestly, it is because I have a lot of free time. Yeah Right! I am a pastor. I think I logged 75 hours last week. I have almost enough time to get everything I need to get done to spend a little time with Sarah and Jeter (my dog) and catch a few shows on the DVR before I kill over at night. I really started this trek into technology because I wanted to practice what I preach and live what I believe. At Preston Oaks, I have challenged our Sunday School to be the place where we Encourage each other through life. So I hope all this connection through technology will encourage someone, somewhere. The Bible is very clear that we are not to be alone. That is why graciously God gave us our spouses and the church. Our spouses complement us and together we make God's design for the family. In the church, we are together to use our gifts and to encourage each other and hold each other accountable. I also hope to Engage the World with the Gospel. So I hope that I meet new people and connect to old friends so that they can hear about how Jesus changed my life and how much God loves them. These platforms help me do this very quick and efficient. So as we continue, I will bring thoughts God is laying on my heart, I will share some quotes or links from other good blogs or books, I will share just fun stories from the day, or I may rant about sports (ladies beware!) So be patient as I get into a good schedule and feel may way through. I pray that this will be edifying for all! (or some, or anyone)

No comments:

Post a Comment